GRE Management Application Qualification Criteria
Our community supports equal housing opportunity, including the Fair Housing Act as amended, a federal law applicable in all states that prohibits discrimination in housing based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status or disability. In addition, many states and localities have their own local fair housing laws or ordinances, which may protect additional characteristics from discrimination in housing. Our community does not discriminate on the basis of any state or locally protected characteristics. Please note that these are our current rental criteria; nothing contained in these requirements shall constitute a guarantee or representation that all residents and occupants currently residing at this community have met these requirements. There may be residents and occupants that have resided at this community prior to these requirements going into effect. Additionally, our ability to verify whether these requirements have been met is limited to the information we receive from various resident credit reporting services used. Please review this information before completing the application and paying the application processing fee, which is non-refundable. Falsification of information on the application will result in denial of residency and loss of application deposit as liquidated damages for our time and expense.
GRE Management, LLC, d/b/a GRE-M, requires all applicants to meet the following criteria in order to qualify for this housing community:
All applicants will be asked to provide positive identification and evidence of their lawful presence in the United States.
All applicants must present a valid driver's license or other government-issued photo identification and one of the following; 1) a United States government issued Social Security number; 2) Form I-94 Arrival-Departure Record showing entry date and authorized period of stay; 3) temporary resident alien card verifying approved entry by the United States government (I-94W); 4) Form I-95; 5) Form I-151; 6) I-551 Permanent Resident Card (Alien Registration Receipt Card); 7) Form I -688 Temporary Resident Card; 8) Form 1-688A Employment Authorization Card; 9) Form I-688B; or 10) Form I-766.
**NOTE: The identification, income, employment and deposit requirements may be modified if required by federal subsidy or financing programs.
EMPLOYMENT (current and previous)
Applicant must supply stable, verifiable employment. If an applicant has less than 6 of employment history, an additional deposit or guarantor may be required.
• If not employed, applicant must pass income, credit and criminal criteria, or (in some instances) pay an additional deposit or provide an acceptable guarantor.
• If self-employed, applicant must provide (1) the prior year's tax return with Schedule C form with the applicant's affidavit that anticipates applicant’s NET earnings for the next 24 months; (2) CPA/accountant's statement of the prior year's tax returns and anticipated NET income for the next 24 months; or (3) 24 months of certified or uncertified financial statements (including accountant's calculation of straight-line depreciation expense if accelerated depreciation was used on the tax return or financial statement). Otherwise, an additional deposit or guarantor may be required.
• Full time students (minimum of 9 credit hours) who do not have verifiable employment must provide proof of school enrollment and must provide either additional deposit or an acceptable guarantor.
RENT TO INCOME RATIO
All applicants must have a verifiable source of funds.
• Applicants must have income at least 2.5 times the tenant paid rental amount less any concessions or incentives. If an applicant’s income is not sufficient, a guarantor may be required.
If a guarantor is required, guarantor's income must be 5 times the tenant paid rental amount.
CREDIT SCREENING (excluding student loans and medical accounts)
• An applicant with an unsatisfactory credit report will be denied.
• Excessive collection accounts, including utility accounts (regardless of status) will result in denial of the rental application. All utility collection accounts within the last 2 years must be paid in full and confirmation presented with the application in order to be approved.
• An applicant whose credit report contains more negative than positive history may be approved subject to an additional deposit.
• Bankruptcy (regardless of discharge) or repossession within the last 2 years may be grounds for denial of the application or may require an additional deposit for approval.
• Rental housing debt, evictions, or collections within the last 5 years will result in automatic denial of the application.
• Any unresolved tax liens will negatively impact the overall applicant screening result.
• All occupants 18 and over (except first-time renters) must have at least 12 months of verifiable and positive residency history immediately preceding application. Verification must be performed by a third-party entity. Verification by an individual will not be accepted unless proof of payments on a timely basis is included.
• First-time renters or applicants with no verifiable residency history will require payment of an additional deposit or acceptable guarantor in lieu of immediate past rental history.
• Residency history that includes prior evictions within the last 5 years, multiple late payments, returned checks, poor housekeeping, conduct disturbing the rights and comforts of other residents, unauthorized occupants, property damage or failure to adhere to the policies and regulations of the community or management company will result in automatic denial of the application.
• Applicant’s conduct toward the current Management during the application process may result in denial of tenancy.
• Landlord reference indicating the landlord would not re-let to the applicant due to lease violation is grounds for automatic denial of the application.
• If Applicant owned his/her immediate prior residence, mortgage history will be verified through credit report or other documentation of home ownership.
CRIMINAL HISTORY SCREENING
• All applicants (and current residents upon renewal where applicable) will be screened for criminal history.
• Signature Pointe Apartments considers the entire application. We do not exclude individuals simply because of prior convictions and only consider records that are reportable under the Fair Credit Reporting Act and rules of Washington. Arrests only are not grounds for denial.
• Convictions do not result in automatic denial of application or lease renewal; consideration will be given to the nature, date, and circumstances of conviction.
• Convictions involving sexual misconduct (as defined by state law), drug related crimes, theft by check or a physical crime against a person or another person's property may allow approval of the application with special conditions, or denial based on the crime and date of said criminal charges.
• Applicants or current residents appearing on the list of known terrorists and wanted fugitives as provided by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), federal agencies (including the FBI or other state and local law enforcement agencies) will be denied. All applicants and current residents aged 18 and over will be screened through the OFAC.
All persons 18 and over intending to reside in the apartment must qualify in each of the above categories with the exception that the household’s combined income may be used to satisfy the rent to earnings ratio.
Any person under the age of 18 intending to occupy the apartment must be identified on the application and listed on the lease, or such person will otherwise be considered an unauthorized occupant.
Acceptable guarantors must reside in the United States and qualify in each of the above categories. An additional deposit may be accepted if a qualified guarantor is not available.
Occupancy of the apartment is limited to those persons listed on the lease, and is based on the number of bedrooms in a unit. A bedroom is defined as a space within the premises that is used primarily for sleeping and at least one window.
Occupants under the age of 24 months at the time of lease signing or renewal are not counted toward maximum occupancy. Rooms such as a study or den may be considered a bedroom for purposes of maximum occupancy.
Definition of occupants- Occupants are any person living in the rental unit that is over 18 for the purposes of screening. For occupancy purposes, occupants are any person that will be living in the unit.
PROCEDURE FOR NOTIFICATION OF DENIAL OF APPLICATION
Should your application be denied, an adverse action letter will be provided. You may have the opportunity to file a grievance challenging the decision to deny your application; you will receive information regarding your rights to grievance with the adverse action letter.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO DISABILITIES
As part of this property’s commitment to equal housing opportunity and non-discrimination on the basis of disability, you may request reasonable accommodations that are necessary because of a disability during the application process. Please notify management if you believe any such accommodation to a disability is necessary.
DEPOSIT WAIVER PROGRAM
Residents have the option
of enrolling in a deposit waiver program for a monthly fee in lieu of a
standard security, additional deposit or pet deposit.
We do not accept Comprehensive Reusable Tenant Screening Reports as defined by and pursuant to RCW 59.18.030. Section 8 and other subsidy programs welcome.
These apartments are located less than a mile from all the services you would ever need. The amenities are like none I have ever seen, to include a media room and free tanning. The entire area is professionally landscaped, and surrounded by a bike/walking trail that leads to a nature park complete with a wooden walking bridge over a river. The appliances are all new. The units come with a washer and dryer, and a wood burning fire place to keep heating cost down.
This is a great place to live. They have so many different amenities including indoor and outdoor pool, basketball and newly remodeled fitness center. They make an effort to get the community together for events like bbq's and muffin day, which is once a month. Located right next to the trail and very close to the freeway and local shopping.
I've been here for 5 years and I just recently renewed my lease again early. This place is really the best home I've ever had. I do tell my friends about my place and I also highly recommend it to people who are looking out there.