One of the many advantages to apartment living is that apartments are generally more energy efficient than a single-family home. There is always room for improvement, though, so we have found some energy efficiency tips that you can use to save even more!
- One quick and easy way to save energy is to switch to energy-efficient compact fluorescent light bulbs. Not only are they efficient, but they last longer.
- Use cold water when washing your clothes. Most of the electricity used to wash clothes is from heating the water, not running the motor.
- Only wash full loads. If that isn’t possible, use a lower water setting.
- Newer dishwashers clean very effectively. There is really no need to rinse dishes before washing, simply scrape food into the garbage. This saves a lot of water!
- Make sure to keep heating/cooling vents free from obstructions such as furniture. This helps air move more efficiently.
- Electronics and appliances continue to use power even when not in use. Use a power strip and shut it off at night or when not in use. This will save considerable amounts of energy!
You can start using these energy efficiency tips in your Kent, Washington apartment today!
Image via Shutterstock.com